Hook, Line & Sinker
Bass Tournament Schedule
|Sunday, September 16, 2018||Sunday, December 16, 2018|
|Sunday, October 28, 2018||Sunday, January 13, 2019|
|Sunday, November 18, 2018||Sunday, February 17, 2019|
Tournament of Champions
Saturday-Sunday, March 23-24, 2019
The Hook, Line & Sinker bass tournament circuit is a low cost circuit for the amateur angler. The entry fee of $70 per team includes 1 in5 cash payouts and plaques for the top 5 teams in each tournament and a hot dog BBQ after each tournament. At each tournament we also have a young angler raffle for our participants age 16 and under. A portion of the entry fee is also used to host the Tournament of Champions and a tri-tip BBQ for the anglers at the end of each year. This is a great place to start if you want to fish organized amateur tournaments or if you just want to have fun!
- Eligibility: To be eligible to fish the Hook, Line & Sinker tournaments, you cannot be sponsored by any major boat manufacturer, or have won $8,000 or more in other bass tournaments or fished on the Pro side in a national circuit in the current or previous calendar year, be a licensed guide on the Delta or be an employee of Hook, Line & Sinker or Russo’s Marina.
- Entry Fee: Entry fee is $70.00 per team. Money is paid back to the top 1 in5 places and plaques are awarded to the top 5 places. There is a 100% paid back option available for $15.00 Big Fish (paid back to the top 3 places) and $15.00 Option paid back to the top 5 places. There are no late fees and you may sign as late as the morning of the tournament, prior to blast-off, and your blast-off number will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Blast-off: There will be no waiting for any team. If you are not in the water and in line when your blast-off number is called (three times), you will blast off last. Please make every effort to be in the water 30 minutes prior to blast-off. All live-wells will be checked by a tournament official at the launch ramp, prior to blast-off. Please present your blast-off card to tournament officials for signature, prior to the live well being checked.
- Fishing Methods: All bass must be caught live in a conventional and sporting manner, using only artificial lures, with the exception of pork trailers. Only one fishing rod may be used at a time by each angler, and no rod over 8 feet in length may be used. Trolling is prohibited.
- Restrictions: Participants may fish anywhere accessible by boat, except areas designated as "Off Limits" or "No Fishing" by federal, state and local agencies, or within 50 yards of any marina gas pump, or another contestant.
- Boat Requirements: All boats must be equipped with wheel or tiller steering. No other steering devices will be permitted. Boats must contain a properly aerated or re-circulating live-well space to maintain alive your catch. Life jackets must be worn any time the main gas engine is running. Children under age 16 must wear life jackets while in the boat or on the dock.
- Scoring: Only large mouth, spotted or small mouth bass are accepted species. The tournament limit will be 5 fish per team. The required length for bass will be 13" mouth open hanging on a Wil-E-Go board. We will swish the tail. When presenting fish to be measured, the contestant may not touch the fish while the tournament official takes the measurement. Any team who possesses more than the tournament limit will lose their biggest fish weight plus 1 lb. Any team, presenting bass at weigh-in, which fail to meet the required length, will be penalized 1 lb., in addition to the loss of the short fish weight. Hook, Line & Sinker strongly recommends the use of proven chemical additives designed for live-wells, to insure the health of the fish. No dead fish may be culled out of your catch. A loss of 1/2 lb. will be deducted for each dead fish weighed in. In the case of a tie, positions will be combined and divided equally. The trophy will be awarded to the team with the largest declared individual fish.
- Late Penalty: All contestants must check in with the check-in boat located inside the 5 mph buoys at, or prior to, their designated weigh-in time. A loss of 1 lb.per minute late, up to 5 minutes, will be deducted from the total weight. After 5 minutes the team will be disqualified.
- Protests: All protests must be made in writing, within 15 minutes after the conclusion of the weigh-in.
- Liability Release: Any contestant fishing a Hook, Line & Sinker event will release Hook, Line and Sinker LLC, Russo’s Marina, their owners, officers, agents, employees, sponsors, tournament staff, from any and all damages, claims, demands, costs or expenses relating to injury of any persons or damage to any property, or theft which you may sustain or may be caused by participating in or connection with this or any other Hook, Line & Sinker event.
- Tournament of Champions: To qualify for the TOC, the same team must fish a minimum of 3 tournaments. If you win a tournament your team automatically qualifies for the TOC, provided you fish the 3-tournament minimum. There will be a total of 85 points, plus 2 show-up points per tournament. The TOC will consist of the first place team in each of the 6 tournaments, plus the top 30 point leaders, and one team drawn from the remaining teams that fished all six tournaments.
- Safety:There will be no alcoholic beverages or use of illegal substances consumed during the tournament in any boat or by any tournament participant. All laws of safe boating must be adhered to, including obeying of 5 mph buoys, designated “no fishing”, and all Federal and California Boating Laws.